Tuesday 29 April 2014

final rehearsals

As the show approaches i finally feel like i am becoming able to fully connect touchstone and actually create a strong character. After really working on characterising our Arden school girl i began to really think what my girl would think of touchstone and approach then Touchstone from that direction. This h=really helped me as i began getting less bogged down in trying to fully understand touchstone and thought less about the lines and more Touchstones role in the play. My arden character is a playful slightly naughty girl who likes to poke fun at the other girls. With this in mind i have been bolder with my choices for Touchstone and used my tone and voice more effectively in a way to actually create humour. Another thing that has been really important is making sure i bring a lot of energy to my performance. As soon as i began thinking about energy ,playfulness and my arden girl my difficulties with touchstone became less prominent and I could actually have fun with the words and speak them better. Making sure i realise that my arden girl is playing a man had also been an important part of the process. I feel i over looked the importance of the fact i have a gender change essentially in the play. I think that my 50s girl from an all girls school would have a different approach to men than myself. They would be more alien therefor the approach to playing one would be more exaggerated on 'manly' features. Therefor i have tried to use a deeper voice and a more firm stance with my physicality. 

There is still work i have to do to fully become Touchstone but it is refreshing to feel like I am actually improving and getting somewhere with my character.


No comments:

Post a Comment