Wednesday 19 March 2014

Rehearsal session one.


Today we began to put the play on its feet. After we saw a model of what are set is to look like it really helped me to understand more fully the concept of the play. In place of the climbing frame we used chairs and began to explore using the space. As our whole set is to be on stage at all times it was interesting to play with focus. At first when i entered the stage i struggled in how to enter as my line came a while after meaning i couldn't pull focus with a line. However when told I could simply stand up i really began to get in to role. I began to understand the simple steps to physicality that could pull focus and really began to visualise playing on the combing frame and what my lines will look like alongside interesting physicality. 

Today i realised the importance of really getting to grips with what Touchstone is saying. As touchstone is the fool it is important for me to be fun and playful. Yet as the fool in a shakespeaen play i often must communicate an important message. Shakespeare uses riddle for Touchstones line which for me extend the challenge. TO be able for me to become playful with the lines i must really understand the rhythm and meaning. Otherwise my performance will be flat. Though this is going to be a big challenge i am very excited to really start working on my character and i can see elements of Touchstone that i personally can relate to even though i am a very different person to a shakespearan fool. Beginning to work with Ceila and Rosalind also has made my lines come to life. I am able too feed of their speech and then incorporate mood appropriately. Also with my character i am there to provoke and react and provoke therefor in order to create a performance with life i feel it is really important for me to feed of my fellow actors.

We have only got up to page 18 of the play but i am really excited to carry on working with it and begin to understand Touchstone more fully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment