Tuesday 25 March 2014

Rehearsal 2

Today we carried on where we left off in rehearsal. I had more lines to work on as the section we covered had Touchstone in more.

Since doing more work on Touchstone is has strangely got easier yet also a lot harder at the same time. Speaking the lines out loud and having other characters to react to has certainly made my understanding of touchstone as a character increase. Yet having said that this makes my job harder as playing Touchstone well is a challenge. My particular struggle is putting enough energy and fun into Touchstone whilst still conveying his serious message. Also I am still getting used to touchstones relationships with the different characters in the play. With Roaslind and Cielia I am more comfortable , Touchstone has a cheeky relationship with them. He is also from the court like them therefor they have a connection before the forest which helps me to create comedy as they have inside jokes and Touchstone certainly pokes fun at Roaslind in particular.

However I found my first scene with Audrey more of a struggle. It was the first time that I had been on stage alone without Roaslind and Ciela which made it harder to hold myself as it was Touchstone not Touchstone in relation to the two girls. I also found my lines more of a struggle to say , due to this it was harder to really play with them and get into character. However I feel that once i have really got to grips with the lines the fun will follow.

I am still getting to know Touchstone as a character therefor it is a struggle to fully connect at this stage in rehearsal. Also i think Touchstone is a complex character with a lot of different perspectives. Though today was a struggle it was also really fun to actually see the play really get on its feet and the more i do the more i become comfortable with my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment